This Mushroom Rice Recipe is often called Mushroom Rice Pilaf as it is prepared in the same way as pilaf is cooked. You can prepare it either in beef broth or chicken broth, in this recipe chicken broth is used. This mushroom pilaf gives good taste only when fresh mushrooms are used instead of canned mushrooms but somehow if you are using canned mushroom then you don’t need to cook it before rice and you will have to add mushrooms and rice together. buy magic mushrooms online This mushroom rice is usually served with any curry like vegetable curry, chicken curry, etc but it can also be served with plain yogurt and mushroom soup.
Ingredients for Mushroom Rice Recipe:
2 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
1 black cardamom
1½ cup chopped onion
1½ cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
¾ cup uncooked long grain rice (soaked in water for 30 min)
1½ cup chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions For Mushroom Rice Recipe:
1. Take a deep sauce pan or pot, heat butter and oil together in the pan and fry onions in it till become light golden in color.
2. When onion starts to turn into golden add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves and stir gently to cook for few seconds till pleasant roasting smell starts to come from the spices.
3. Then add mushrooms and cook for 5 min with half cup of water (if necessary) so that onion would not turn into dark brown in color.
4. When mushrooms become half done, add chicken broth and bring the mixture to boil over high heat.
5. After that add rice, salt and pepper and cook over high heat till water starts to absorb in the rice and rice come onto the surface.
6. Then reduce the flame to low, cover the lid of the pan and cook till rice become tender completely.
7. Serve the hot mushroom rice immediately with any curry either meat or vegetable, plain yogurt and fresh vegetable salad.
Note: This is one of the simplest recipe which can be prepare in short time and is also healthy specially for those who want to avoid meat from their diet as mushroom is the best substitute for meat. So mushroom diet is best for vegetarians to compensate proteins in their diet.
For more cooking recipes Visit: Delicious recipes Blog
The author of this article runs a cooking blog where he and many other food lovers post various easy to cook food recipes including vegetable recipes, beef, snacks, chicken, salads, desserts, cakes, rice, and many other meal ideas. The aim of his blog is to deliver the best easy to make cooking recipes to all foodies.